Launch Site Bikeshed
This is an entry in the 2012 Rails Rumble. After checking it out, we encourage you
to leave feedback and then take a look at the hundreds of other amazing entries.
Job queue for bike service/mainentance.
(Not really only for bikes)
- You have a bike repair shop.
- Customer comes in with a broken bike.
- You create a work order for the bike. It has following info:
* Customer contact info
* Bike brand/make and model
* Work received date
* Estimated due date
* Description of problem / service advice
- Print work order with a barcode(work order id) and attach it to the bike.
- Take bike to the service area/storeroom.
- Mechanic takes the bike and scans the barcode, this opens the work order.
- Mechanic adds work hours and parts used to the work order.
- Can set work order state as completed or waiting for parts.
- When work order is completed, you call or send text message to the customer(automated messages not in the scope of rumble:))
- Customer comes for the bike, you print the work order and attach it to the receipt. (You have separate cash register/invoicing systems)
Interested in seeing what was used to build this application? Resources may include things like open source libraries, third party APIs, and icons.